Porcelain can elevate the appearance of any room they are installed in. They are also hard and sturdy, which makes them the perfect materials for walls, floors or table-tops. They are heat resistant and don’t change colour when exposed to harsh sunlight or drastic temperatures. Besides these amazing qualities, porcelain is also easy to clean and maintain as it is non-porous and resistant to water, scratches, stain and bacteria. Let’s further learn various ways of cleaning porcelain surfaces.
Here’s What You Should Do When Cleaning Porcelain:
- Just use a cloth to sweep the dust away from the porcelain surface for regular cleaning.
- Additionally, you can use a washcloth to wipe the surface with clean water and ensure to dry the area.
- For deep cleaning, use a pH-neutral or mildly alkaline detergent on the porcelain.
- Furthermore, you can use a nylon or plastic scrubber, if needed to clean something solid or dried stuck to the porcelain surface.
Here’s What You Should Not Do When Cleaning Porcelain:
- Do not use acidic cleaners, including vinegar.
- Avoid using oil or wax-based cleaners on the surface as they leave a residue that may attract dust and dirt.
- Do not use wool, steel or other abrasive scrubbers, as they can harm the surface.
Here’s How to Clean the Porcelain in Your Bathroom:
Bathroom floors or walls accumulate soap residue and limescale. Hence, it is suggested to clean them on a weekly basis by using a mild cleaning detergent.
- Add a few drops of mild cleaning detergent to the water.
- Spread it on using a damp sponge or a mop.
- Let the mixture soak for a few minutes on the porcelain surface.
- Later, rinse the areas with warm water.
- Lastly, dry the space with a clean and dry cloth or mop.
Here’s How to Clean High-Gloss Porcelain Surfaces:
High gloss materials are much more likely to display water marks, dirt and grease than matte surfaces. Hence, you need to pay more attention. However, it doesn’t mean cleaning will be difficult; it just means you will have to clean it more frequently.
- Clean the area just as you usually clean adding some mild detergent.
- Next, rinse the surface with clean water.
- Lastly, dry the surface with a cloth rather than air drying them. (This will ensure the gloss is without any watermarks)
Now that you have learned how to clean porcelain tiles, maintenance is an easy task for you. Visit Northern Lights Porcelain to see our color options for your projects. Installing porcelain in your home transforms it into an aesthetically pleasing space. We specialize in large-format porcelain slabs. To know more about our products, call us today.